Aeroporto Friuli Venezia Giulia SpA is the company that has been running Trieste airport since July 1997, while in August 2007 it was awarded by ENAC-Italian CAA and the Ministry of Transport with a 40-year-long airport management concession.
Its 100% shareholder is the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region.
Aeroporto FVG SpA is both the airport operator and airport handler:
- as airport operator, its tasks are the planning, the development, the management and maintenance of the whole
airport infrastructures and systems;
- as airport handler its tasks are the handling of aircraft, passengers, cargo and mail of both commercial and
Aeroporto FVG is a member of:
- Assaeroporti, the association of all the Italian airport operators;
- ACI – Airport Council International, the world’s premier airport association, counting about 600 operators managing 1,700 airports in 177 countries;
- SMAG – Small and Medium Airports Action Group, an association internal to ACI Europe that counts more than 170 European airports.